All participants in Ramblers Association sponsored snowshoeing and hiking events MUST WEAR Ramblers issued identification.
Guests are welcome and members are encouraged to invite interested individuals who can participate in our sanctioned activities once per year for free.
Guest must register with the person in charge before departing and they are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time to accomplish this.
On line registration is available by sending your name, telephone number and email address to : Guests. On arrival you will then simply have to pay the appropriate fee and pick up a guest pass.
After one free event, returning guests will be invited to join the Ramblers Association and pay the annual membership fee of $25 for individuals or $45 per family. Those people who, after using their free pass want to participate but not join will be obliged to pay $10 per outing.
Please contact the event leader for specific hike information.
Please note that pets are NOT allowed on hikes.
CODE OF CONDUCT DURING COVID - 19 PANDEMIC
- If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 (fever, cough, cold) you must stay at home and consider getting tested.
- You must observe basic hygiene protocols – Wash your hands frequently, cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and avoid touching your face in order to limit the spread of the virus.
- You must adhere to the physical distancing protocol. Maintain a distance of 2 meters between people and use a face covering or a mask if you cannot maintain the 2m distance.
- It is best to avoid groups. Hike alone or with others who live in the same household whenever possible. IF you hike as a member of a group, you must maintain the physical distancing protocols (2 m)
- Always obey the signage – for direction of trails etc.
- Always bring your hand sanitizer (with no less than 60% alcohol)
- Sharing of equipment ie trekking poles is not allowed. You are responsible to bring and carry what you need (ie hydrogel hand sanitizer, trekking poles, sunscreen etc.)
- Bring and use tissues for sneezing or blowing your nose. Bring a bag to keep your used tissues in. Wash your hands with hand sanitizer after blowing your nose. Bring the bag of used tissues home with you and dispose of them in the garbage.
- You should arrive at the rendezvous place of the hike in your own vehicle – and ideally only travel with those who are living in the same household. IF you are carpooling – you may take only one other passenger. You should both wear masks and the passenger must sit in the back seat on the passenger side (diagonally across from the driver.
Please listen to and follow the direction given by the leaders. Please stay on the trail but if you must leave make sure that the leader is aware of your leaving and knows if you will be rejoining the group or not.
Ramblers Association snowshoeing events are designed for all levels of participants from novice to expert, we do however recommend that beginners familiarise themselves with the procedure of putting on and fastening their own snowshoes before coming on their first outing. While generally not a complicated procedure it can take some practice and learning in deep snow on the trail with everyone waiting is not the best place to get this practice.